Wednesday 14 May 2014

What we wear: The Held Air n' Dry gloves.

I used to look outside and make a call when it came to gloves- Will it rain? Will it be hot? should I use the vented gloves, or the waterproof.... Often carrying the pair I didn't choose in the rucksack, 'in case'.

'Try the Air 'n Dry gloves from Held' The Gaffer said. They are two gloves in one, no need to make the decision or carry a spare pair any longer! Baffled, I tried them. And blimey- do I love them.

One thing I disagree on though- Gaffer says 'Summer gloves'- I've worn them Spring, Summer AND Autumn- with the help of silk undergloves when it was nippy- i.e. 5 degrees celsius, and they were perfect. I switch to winter gloves after that though. Depends on your circulation I guess! They are though sold as Summer gloves.

Let me try and explain- first of all, here they are: 


GetGeared sell the best waterproof gore-tex motorcycle gloves
Held Air n Dry Gore-Tex motorcycle gloves
At £159.99 they are not cheap, but worth every penny- remember they are Held (German long-lasting quality), Gore-Tex (Wind and Waterproof) and are effectively two gloves in one. Let me explain that bit:


GetGeared sell cheap motorcycle gloves
The Held Air n Dry Dual chambered gloves

There are two 'compartments' in these gloves- you can see the centre flap (above) that you move accordingly. Slip your hand below the flap and you're in the totally vented chamber- perfect for warm weather! Slip your hand above the flap and you're in the Gore-Tex chamber- waterproof, windproof and warm.

They've kept me warm, they've kept me dry, they've kept me cool. They've been soaked (I wasn't!), splattered with flies and mud and have covered my hands for over 2,000 miles. I love them. Simple!

Here's the tech spec:

Summer gloves with 2-in-1 System
Highly abrasion-resistant kangaroo leather palm
DuPont CORDURA (100% polyamide),leather detailed back
Waterproof compartment with Pique-Push-Pull lining
Unlined compartment for Summer riding
GORE-TEX membrane (100% polyester with 100% polyurethane coating): waterproof, windproof & breathable
Gore 2-in-1 technology (1 side waterproof, 1 side unlined)
Velcro adjustment at wrists & cuffs
Visor wiper
Velcro adjustment at wrists & cuffs
Elasticated leather panels on back, thumb & fingers
Perforated leather back of hand for maximum ventilation, feel and comfort


Here's a picture collage I made to show the gloves off as much as possible:
 
GetGeared are the cheapest place for motorcycle gloves
Held Air n Dry gloves, waterproof and windproof

Click here to see the Air n Dry gloves on our website

For the best range and deals in motorcycle clothing, motorcycle textiles, motorcycle leathers, motorcycle boots, motorcycle gloves and motorcycle accessories checkout GetGeared here: www.getgeared.co.uk

No comments :

Post a Comment